Quest for Bangsamoro Peace Champion 2022
The Quest for Bangsamoro Peace Champion 2022 of the Ministry of Public Order and Safety (MPOS), is open to all grassroots peacebuilders in the Bangsamoro region. This is aimed to recognize, promote and support exemplary and unique peace-promoting efforts that have significantly contributed in improving the living, and the peace and order conditions in the Bangsamoro. This hopes to inspire more individuals to engage and promote peace inside and outside the Bangsamoro.
Participating grassroots peacebuilders should be duly nominated and qualified according to the set criteria, and pass the screening processes. Screening shall be led by the Peace Education Division of the Ministry and invited seasoned peacebuilders in the region. After the careful screening and validation of the peace initiatives, 5 individuals shall be awarded as the Bangsamoro Peace Champions 2022.
Awards and Prizes:
All winning peace champions will receive the following:
o Plaque of Recognition
o Copy of video documentation of their peace initiative
o Cash grant to help continue their peace promotion activities:
1 Grand Champion Php 100,000.00
4 Finalists Php 50,000.00
The aspiring Bangsamoro Peace Champion should possess all the following criteria:
- Participation in the Quest for the Bangsamoro Peace Champion 2022 can be through Nomination or Application:
1.1 In case of Nomination: The nominee should be officially nominated to participate in the quest. The person nominating shall attach a narrative (in not less than 500 words and not exceeding 1000 words) of the peace initiative of the nominee.
1.2 In case of application: The Applicant should send a narrative (in not less than 500 words and not exceeding 1000 words) describing his/her peace initiative.
*The narratives will be one of the bases for the initial screening and shortlisting.
- Should have filled-out and officially submit the Participation Form to the Ministry of Public Order and Safety or through the google sheet link below;
- Should be a Bangsamoro as defined under Art. 2, Sec. 1 of RA 11054;
- Should be of legal age and a resident of the BARMM;
- Should have a continuous peace promoting initiative that positively contributed in uplifting the living conditions of the community where he/she is engaged at least in the last 2 years;
- Must uphold the principles of religious tolerance, peaceful co-existence and sustainable development in its initiatives;
- Must NOT have been a recipient of any national or international peace awards from any government and non-government organizations;
- Must have good reputation in his/her community; and
- Must be willing to take an undertaking to allocate at least 40% of his/her cash prize to be used in sustaining his/her peace initiative.
Please copy/click the link below for Participation Form:
Only shortlisted nominees shall be notified to proceed in the next level of the quest.